Imprint is aWindows utility that allows users to print text files, including programers' source files, html documents, ASA (Fortran) output etc.
Imprint can also be used for sending postscript and binary files directly to a printer. This is particularly useful for printing ".prn"files, created using the "Print to file" option in many applications.
- Easy control of which printer the files will be printed from, the paper size and whether to print in
- landscape or portrait.
- Any font, of any size, known to the computer can be used to print the files
- Several files can be selected and printed at once
- Multiples copies handled
- Preview of how many lines are in the current file, and how many pages it will take to print it.
- Postscript and binary files are automatically recognised
- Options to display a heaeder and/or footer containing details of the filename, the page number and the date & time that the file was created, last modified & printed (or a subset of these).
- Line numbers can be included.
- A border can be drawn around the page.
- The maximum number of lines per page can be set, for example to a round number.
- 2-up and 4-up printing is supported.
- The lines can be printed with a single, one and a half, or double spacing. Useful for leaving space for annotations or corrections.
- The margins at the top, bootom, left and right of each page can be changed.
- ASA control sequence output, as used by many Fortran programs, can be handled.
- Comments in C++source files can be highlighted, making them stand out from the code.
- Tab characters can be replaced with any number of spaces.
- Files can be dragged and dropped onto the Imprint icon.
- A folder can be 'watched ', and any files that are modified or created in it automatically printed.
- Printing can be deferred until later. Useful for printing large numbers of files at night so as not to monopolise the printer during the day.
- Imprint can run without a gui interface from the command line in a dos window of from a batch file.
Here are some screendumps of Imprint which should give you some idea of its functionality.Click on the tabs in the frame below to show the screendumps.
The price of imprint is US$30 (but see discounts and site licensing). However you can try it out for thirty days first to see if it suits your needs. The full functionality will work for thirty seperate days of use(the days you actually use Imprint to print something), after which you can either register the program, remove it from your computer (an uninstall program is provided) or request a further thirty day trial. If you do decide to buy Imprint, we can handle orders via a secure url, phone post or fax.
Follow this link to download Imprint